E-Mail Processor for M-Files
Advanced integration of E-mails and M-Files. E-mail Processor for M-Files is a standalone rule-based application designed for most common scenarios when integrating e-mail with M-Files, it allows the user to configure rules and exceptions under which e-mail will be stored. You can create new or update existing M-Files object and map fields from e-mail into object properties. Additionally, creating an object can be followed by an automated email reply containing information from the created or updated M-Files object.
- Create or Update M-Files object on received email
- Remove e-mail from inbox after import
- Mark e-mail as read
- Create Multi-File object
- Upload original e-mail that triggered process
- Extract attachments from e-mail and upload
- Map e-mail parts to object properties
- Automatically save e-mail conversation into selected object
- Advanced Email Filtering
- Conditions – Match emails that should be run in process by sender, subject, content of email or attachment.
- Exceptions – Exceptions are negated conditions. E.g. condition can be “If email contains”.
- Exceptions is therefore “If email doesn’t contain”.
- Classification – Based on defined filters and rules
- Advanced object mapping
- Extract part of email and map to M-Files object properties (e.g. Subject + Sender)
- Use regular expression (regex) language for extracting parts of emails and map to properties (e.g. “Email  Subject → extract “12” )
- User can map sender’s address, To or Cc addresses, subject, email date, text body and HTML body to any property of M-Files object.
- Object can be mapped from email but can also be set statically as fixed value
- Lookup properties are supported. User can read value from email using advanced parsing and map to lookup property as value of lookup or ID lookup.
- Send automatic e-mail replies
- Once object is created or updated as part of a process, user can configure automatic e-mail reply. Reply e-mail can contain fields from newly created M-Files object (e.g. result of a workflow) in Subject or Body.
Some Use Cases
- Support Ticketing System in M-Files
- Challenge: How to manage tickets and ticket opening in M-Files
- Solution: With M-Files E-mail Processor you can define that tickets are opened by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. M-Files E-mail Processor will then take information from an e-mail and create new ticket automatically in M-Files.
- Automatic reply is sent to person that sent an e-mail.
- Benefits: Automatic creation of “Ticket” object in M-Files. Your customer receives automatic response that you have received message.
- Human Resources and Job Applications
- Challenge: How to manage all job applications that are received via e-mail?
- Solution: With M-Files E-mail Processor you can define that every newly received e-mail to your firstname.lastname@example.org that contains “Job Application” in subject should result with new “Job Application” object in M-Files. E-mail Processor will extract data from body of e-mail and store it in M-Files together with all attachments (CV, Letter of recommendation,..).
- Benefits: Automatise repetitive tasks of creating object every time new job application is received.
Documentation and Additional Information
Licensing and Downloads
M-Files Standard Cloud:
M-Files Isolated Cloud: